This July, Singapore Food Festival (SFF) returns to Chinatown Food Street (CFS) for the 4th consecutive year! Themed Savour Singapore in Every Bite, this popular festival celebrates the diversity and rich multi-cultural heritage through the many facets of local food and their story.
Representing the retrospective element of this year’s Singapore Food Festival, Chinatown Food Street brings back the award-winning ‘The 50 Cents Fest’ event for the second consecutive year running.
This 2-day event held on 29 – 30 July 2017 will transport visitors back to the golden era of 1980s Singapore. It will ignite visitors’ happiest childhood moments and younger years through heritage recipes prepared by local hawkers, realistic 80s ambience, interactive 80s games, as well as memory jogging sights and sounds.
As the event transcends into a more advanced era, foodies can also look forward to a wider and more exciting selection of nostalgic eats as the entire CFS undergoes an 80s makeover and replays a snippet of Singapore’s 1980s street hawker and bazaar scene live!
Indulge in sumptuous local fare comprising of more than 20 stalls and 10 old-school mobile hawkers. Savour authentic 80s flavour as local hawkers dish out heritage and long lost dialect recipes such as the Hokkien Rickshaw Noodle, UFO (Fried Oyster Cake), Hakka Abacus Seed, Red Glutinous Wine Chicken, Teochew Ah Balling, Ice Ball and more!
Just like last year, visitors will be able to enjoy the wide variety of heritage food at as little as 50 cents! Staying true to the name of this event, whereby one can truly relive not just the 80s experience but also the affordable pricing of yesteryear. More than 40 dishes can be enjoyed at The 50 Cents Fest with more than 20 dishes priced at just 50 cents!
Not to be missed are also the interactive 80s classic games and pastimes lined along CFS as well as its alleyways. The 50 Cents Fest promises non-stop fun for the young and old as they duel with friends on a game of hopscotch in the side alley, make a mushy song dedication through an old radio station, go biscuit shopping with family at the mama shop and singalong to live Xin Yao performances!
Immerse yourself in the 1980s scene and stand a chance to win attractive prizes!
Simply come in your best stylo-milo 80s fashion or get spotted taking pictures with any roving 80s drama characters, and you may be the lucky winner!
Chinatown Food Street, Smith Street, Chinatown, Singapore
29 July 2017, Saturday: 12pm – 11pm
30 July 2017, Sunday: 11am – 11pm
DBS/POSB cardholders can get S$12 worth of credits with min spend of S$10. Look out for the DBS Booth at the event!
View the List of Food Items on Sales at The 50 Cents Fest here (in PDF)
Don't Miss These:
- Till 31 Mar 2018, enjoy 1-for-1 dinner buffet at Marriott Cafe, with DBS/POSB cards. Reserve Online Now – Marriott Cafe
- Enjoy 1-for-1 daily lunch and dinner buffet promotions at Escape Restaurant and Lounge (One Farrer Hotel), with HSBC cards! Valid till 30 Apr 2018. Reserve Online Now – Escape Restaurant & Lounge
- From 1 Mar 2018, enjoy 1-for-1 buffet promotions at Atrium Restaurant. One-day advance reservation required. Reserve Online Now – Atrium Restaurant
- Enjoy 50% off every 2nd diner for lunch/dinner buffet at Orchard Café (Orchard Hotel), with UOB cards. Valid till 30 Apr 2018. Reserve Online Now – Orchard Café
- Enjoy 1-for-1 dinner buffet at Seasonal Tastes with DBS/POSB cards, till 31 May 2018. Advanced order of 3 working days is required. Reserve Online Now – Seasonal Tastes
- Till 31 Mar 2018, enjoy 1-for-1 Lunch Buffet at Triple Three, with DBS/POSB or UOB cards. Reserve Online Now – Triple Three
- Enjoy 1-for-1 dinner buffet at Café Mosaic, with OCBC cards, till 30 Jun 2018. Reserve Online Now - Cafe Mosaic