Japan Food Town finally turns ONE this July!
To commemorate its first year anniversary, Japan Food Town is holding its first-ever one-for-one promotion for the span of a month, with sixteen restaurants offering a classic dish each from Japan.
Japan Food Town is a sprawling 20,075-square-foot enclave that houses the country’s best cuisines. It is one of the concepts born out of the “Cool Japan” initiative by the country’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
For the health-conscious foodie, Japan Food Town will also be carrying a healthier-choice of Japanese rice that will be used by more than 50 per cent of tenants. The outlets will also be using seasonal produce imported from many Japanese prefectures. By engaging a logistic hub in Okinawa, Japan Food Town will ensure the delivery of freshest ingredients daily.
For the one-for-one promotion, each restaurant offers limited sets each day, so head down early to enjoy the deals! There will be a total of 15,456 portions (7,728 sets) up for grabs for the whole month!
Here’re the one-for-one offer at the sixteen restaurants:
|Date Range||Restaurant||1-for-1 Offering|
|14 to 20 July||KyoTo Kappo
|Tuck into the Shokado Bento (S$33++), a Japanese treasure box featuring exquisitely prepared dainty dishes.|
|Machida Shoten||Savour the signature Yokohama-style IEKEI Ramen (S$14++), which serves the perfect combination of soya sauce and pork bone broth.|
|Osaka Kitchen||The irresistible Tonpei-yaki (S$8++) features creamy soft egg perched atop a slab of juicy pork.|
|Tonkatsu Anzu||Enjoy the heartening Pork Loin Katsu Curry (S$27++), which showcases crispy fried pork drenched in piquant curry.|
|21 to 27 July||Nabe Seizan||The Kagoshima Black Pork Rice Bowl Set (S$25++) is an aromatic rice dish brimming with succulent Japanese black pork and served with a flavourful soup.|
|Sabar||The Assorted Toro SABA Sushi (S$22++) features fresh, heavenly mackerel draped over al dente rice.|
|Shabu Shabu Gyujin||Gather your friends for this 45-minute session of AUS Beef Shabu-Shabu (S$24.90) with all-you-can-eat vegetables and rice!|
|Yomoda Soba||Warming hearts is the Hot Chicken Nanban Soba (S$15.80), a taste of authentic Japanese soba with tasty chicken chunks.|
|28 July to 3 August||Hokkaido Izakaya||The Sirloin Steak (S$58++) and Kobore Sushi (S$48++) will each have you rubbing your hands with glee!|
|Inaniwa Yosuke||Go with the cold Seiro Udon (S$10.80++) or hot Kake Udon (S$10.80++) and indulge in one of Japanese’s tastiest udon offerings!|
|Rang Mang Shokudo||The delightful Special Rang Mang Curry with Salad (S$14++) stars golden fried chicken served with luscious Japanese curry!|
|Tsukiji Sushi Takewaka||During lunch service, try the Tsuki Chirashidon (S$25.10++), or the Kiwami Sushi (S$32.60++) come dinnertime. The fresh seafood is from Tsukiji Fish Market!|
|4 to 10 August||Bar Nippon||Embrace summer with the Somen (S$10++), a type of Japanese traditional noodles!|
|Bonta Bonta||The Salmon Oyako Don (S$20++) features grilled salmon married harmoniously with ikura.|
|Tempura Tsukiji Tenka||Tantalising taste buds is the Anago Tendon with Salad Udon Set (S$29.80), which boasts crunchy tempura with light salad udon.|
|Yakiniku Heijoen||The Heijoen Special Yakiniku Don (S$22++) showcases tender and juicy beef that is bound to wow!|
Other than the one-for-one promotion, Japan Food Town will also be hosting special events during the four weekends:
- 16 July, 5:30pm Japanese Maguro Cutting Show: Members of the public will get to watch top-quality maguro specially imported from Japan and sliced by the masters from Sabar. This is held in conjunction with Japan Food Town’s birthday!
- 22 – 23 July, 12pm; 5:30pm Body Painting: With the help of Japanese body jewellery artist ZUNKO, decorate your body with interesting motifs such as sushi and cartoon characters.
- 29 July, 1pm; 30 July, 5:30pm Beef Cutting Show & Selling: Witness the exciting cutting of A5-grade Japanese wagyu (Nozaki beef) by Yakiniku Heijoen’s chefs. The lean meat is specially imported from Japan, and is very delicious. Every part includes an adequate amount of fat, which has a lingering sweetness. The cows are fed grains rich in carbohydrates, such as rice and barley, and hence their meat have a high glucose content.
- 5 – 6 August, 2pm; 4:30pm Flower Arrangements: One of Japan Food Town’s partners, One Olive Floral Boutique will conduct a special flower arrangement lesson. Learn how to make exquisite floral arrangements from the talented florists.
Japan Food Town is also holding an exciting Facebook and Instagram contest. Simply post celebratory entries with #JFT1Anniversary and stand a chance to win S$1,000 vouchers. There are four sets of vouchers to be won.
Don't Miss These:
- Enjoy 50% off at JUMBO Seafood, JPOT and other popular restaurants under JUMBO Group. Offer ends 30 Nov 2018.
- Enjoy 1-for-1 buffet at Triple Three - Mandarin Orchard Singapore Hotel, with DBS/POSB and UOB cards. Valid till 31 Dec 2018 and 9 April 2019, respectively. Reserve Online Now – Triple Three
- Till 30 & 31 Dec 2018, enjoy 1-for-1 weekday lunch buffet at Element – Amara Hotel Singapore with DBS/POSB & OCBC cards, respectively. Reserve Online Now – Element
- This 2018, enjoy 1-for-1 buffet dinner & 4-for-3 buffet lunch promotions at Cafe Mosaic - Carlton Hotel, when you pay with DBS/POSB, Citibank, OCBC or UOB cards. Reserve Online Now - Cafe Mosaic